The Geotab IOX-NFCREADER integrates Near Field Communication with the GO device to offer driver-based vehicle monitoring. Using the NFC Tag/Keyfob, drivers swipe in before operating fleet vehicles. Once logged in, dispatchers or managers can easily view where each driver is at any point in time and which driver is currently operating a given vehicle.
The IOX-NFCREADER offers access to driver-based data, giving you the ability to create rules and reports based on driver use and behavior. With this information, you can better manage the driving behaviors of each driver and, by running rule exception reports, see which drivers are more prone to breaking your custom, GO device rules.
Geotab now offers Driver ID Whitelists for specific GO devices. This will allow the IOX-NFCREADER to only accept driver key tags that are assigned to an authorized driver. Drivers can be added and removed from the whitelist easily through the Geotab SDK.
GO Devices supported: GO5, GO6, GO7 and GO8
Who Should Use This
- Companies that have multiple drivers who must share a vehicle.
- Companies that wish to better understand how certain drivers operate vehicles and better identify incorrect driving habits for specific drivers.
- Companies who wish to have driver-based reports and analyze data broken down by driver.
Features & Benefits
- Assigning drivers to vehicles allows for driver-based reporting
- Tracks drivers across multiple vehicles to track different driving habits
- Plug-and-play, quick installation
- Driver ID Whitelist for authorizing drivers (see Specifications for setup)
IOX (Input / Output Expanders)
IOX (Input / Output Expanders) plug directly into the GO device and are used to extend the GO device to peripherals in your vehicle. Leveraging the CAN networks that run on the GO device, IOXs can be daisy-chained together to add multiple peripherals to the GO device. This adds flexibility to your implementation, even after installation, and means the Geotab solution can continue to grow with your fleet.