The IOX-GO TALK provides real-time, spoken feedback to drivers who operate outside of pre-defined rules. Using text-to-speech, this IOX expander alerts drivers when they fail to follow custom, device-based rules, which include any rules that can be set on the GO device. Immediate feedback to the driver, regardless of cellular coverage, includes the following rules:
- Reminder for a driver to swipe their NFC fob or sticker
- Revving over a customer-configurable threshold (i.e. 4000 RPMs)
- Idling beyond a customer-configurable threshold
- Speeding beyond a customer-configurable threshold
- Approaching the maximum speed limit defined by the customer
- “Dangerous Driving” as defined by the customer
- Seat belt usage (if supported by the vehicle)
With the IOX-GO TALK, Geotab's Active Tracking feature will also offer location-specific feedback, such as speeding over posted limits, within 5-10 seconds when in good coverage. Custom text for MyGeotab-based rules can be added to provide specific messaging to help the driver understand what they may have done wrong or right.
Benefits to customized messages include the ability to create violation-specific messages, as well as positive messages that your drivers will respond to. By including tokens such as driver name, address of the violation, and zone name, you can provide the driver with a detailed account of where and when the violation occurred. With the custom, specific, and speedy feedback offered by the IOX-GO TALK, you can keep your drivers safe on the road.
Who Should Use This
GO TALK is perfect for any fleet that wants to provide more information to its drivers about their driving habits. It allows fleets to improve driving habits over time while empowering their drivers with helpful, real-time feedback. It will also help improve driver safety by enforcing good driving habits and acknowledging poor decisions.
Features & Benefits
- Real-time spoken driver feedback
- Custom text-to-speech messages for drivers
- Provide drivers with steps to improve driving habits
- Improve fleet safety
- Plug-and-play, quick installation
IOX (Input / Output Expanders)
IOX (Input / Output Expanders) plug directly into the GO device and are used to extend the GO device to peripherals in your vehicle. Leveraging the CAN networks that run on the GO device, IOXs can be daisy-chained together to add multiple peripherals to the GO device. This adds flexibility to your implementation, even after installation, and means the Geotab solution can continue to grow with your fleet.