The Geotab IOX-SATIRDv2 is an IRIDIUM Satellite modem that allows the GO device to communicate over the satellite network when cellular service is unavailable. Ideal for companies with work in remote areas, this IOX expander allows customers to receive information about their fleet when drivers are traveling both within a cellular network and outside it.
With the Geotab IOX-SATIRDv2, fleets can also incorporate a panic button into the vehicle. With this alert button, drivers that may be out of reach can alert the company in an emergency.
When outside of the cellular network, transmissions are limited to critical information to reduce bandwidth. The following records or logs can be enabled or disabled:
- Ignition: Sends a log when ignition changes state (On & Off).
- Poll: Gives end users the option to request the current location of the device.
- Update Period: Allows the device to send a positional update every 30 minutes.
- Emergency Trigger: Allows the driver to send an emergency/distress log to head office. The Geotab device will notify the driver when the message has been received by MyGeotab.
- Accident Upload Event via IRIDIUM: Allows the device to send an “Accident Upload Event” fault.
- Switch to IRIDIUM Satellite Coverage:
- Allows the device to send a log indicating when it has switched to sending data over the IRIDIUM network.
Who Should Use This
The IOX-SATIRDv2 will greatly benefit any customers who operate or send drivers to remote locations where cellular coverage is poor or non-existent.
Features & Benefits
- Device communication outside of Cellular Network Coverage
- Integration of a Panic Button to send an immediate emergency message.
IOX (Input / Output Expanders)
IOX (Input / Output Expanders) plug directly into the GO device and are used to extend the GO device to peripherals in your vehicle. Leveraging the CAN networks that run on the GO device, IOXs can be daisy-chained together to add multiple peripherals to the GO device. This adds flexibility to your implementation, even after installation, and means the Geotab solution can continue to grow with your fleet.